This fresh, slightly sparkling drink is delicious to sip whilst sitting watching the sun go down. You could try making your own elderflower cordial when the elder is in flower (now) and grow your own mint for a truly homemade drink.
Ingredients for 4 servings
1 handful of fresh mint leaves plus sprigs to decorate
1 lemon, cut into slices
1 lemon, juiced
250ml elderflower cordial
500ml cloudy apple juice
500ml sparkling water
Smack the mint leaves between your hands to release the oils, and drop them into a large jug.
- Add the sliced lemons, lemon juice, elderflower cordial and apple juice.
- Give it a good stir and place in the fridge for an hour to allow the flavours to infuse.
- When you are ready to serve, fill 4 tall glasses with ice.
- Fill each glass up to two-thirds with the elderflower mix and top with the sparkling water.
- Stir well and decorate with sliced lemon and sprigs of mint.