This showstopping dessert is so easy to make, you’ll definitely impress your friends and family. And what’s more, it’s delicious too! It looks really colourful if you choose red skinned apples like Pink Lady or Braeburn. Serve warm from the oven or make in advance and serve at room temperature.
Top tip - remove the pastry from the box in advance to allow it to come to room temperature and it will be much easier to unroll.
- 1x320g pack ready rolled puff pastry
- 1 tbsp milk
- 3tbsp caster sugar
- 4 - 5 red skinned apples, halved, cored and thinly sliced
- 5tbsp apricot jam, any lumps of fruit removed
1. Preheat the oven to 160°C fan oven, gas mark 4.
2. Unroll the pastry leaving it on the paper and place on a baking sheet.
3. Using a sharp knife score a 1cm border around the edge and brush this with milk. Prick the pastry inside the border with a fork.
4. Sprinkle a little caster sugar over the base.
5. Arrange the apple slices in even rows on the pastry inside the border and sprinkle the apple with the remaining caster sugar.
6. Bake on the middle shelf of the oven for 20-30 minutes or until the pastry is golden, turning halfway through to ensure even cooking.
7. Warm the apricot jam with 2tbsp water in a small pan over a low heat and stir until just bubbling.
8. When the galette is cooked, remove from the oven and carefully brush with the warmed jam.
9. Serve the galette warm or at room temperature with single cream.
Styled on Chester Navy oilcloth