Make your bonfire night an occasion to remember with these super buffet supper ideas.
- Roast some sweet potato wedges in honey and serve hot or cold.
- Slice up some pitta bread or crusty French stick and serve with this yummy broccoli and Cheddar cheese dip.
- Slow roast pork shoulder – make this delicious meat the main event. Try this super-easy recipe from BBC Good Food but instead of serving with gravy and veg, allow your guests to eat while watching the fireworks by serving with crusty bread and coleslaw.
- Chilli – make a beef version and a veggie version and you’ll keep everyone happy. Serve with baked potatoes and green salad. This is a good dish to prepare in advance so you spend less time in the kitchen during your party.
- There’s nothing like a good old-fashioned hot chocolate on a cold winter’s night but ring the changes with this orange hot chocolate idea, again from BBC Good Food.
- No bonfire party would be complete without a sticky apple. We like this recipe from Tesco – your guests will probably fight for the last of the chocolate coated apples!
- Jamie Oliver’s recipe for fried Cox’s apples with cinnamon sugar is a real treat and very easy to make.
Of course, make sure you’ve got your Wipe Easy tablecloth to hand. An oilcloth or PVC tablecloth will protect your furniture and minimise the clearing up. There are lots of fabulous designs to choose from so you can make your party table look extra special.