We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors and the obligations outlined by the GDPR (General Data ProtectionRegulation) coming into effect on 25th May 2018. We have outlined our Privacy statement below.; this policy sets out how we will treat your personal information.
(1) What information do we collect?
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information, this information is only collected in order to process your order:
- information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website (including your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views, website navigation and any purchased product information);
- information relating to any transactions carried out between you and us on or in relation to this website, including information relating to any purchases you make of our goods or services;
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of buying a product with us (including your billing and delivery address, telephone number and email.) We do not collect or store your bank/credit information;
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our website services, email notifications and/or newsletters;
- any other information that you choose to send to us;
A cookie is a file containing an identifier (a string of letters and numbers) that is sent by a web server to a web browser, and stored by the browser. The identifier is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. This enables the web server to identify and track the web browser.
(3) Using your personal information
We may use your personal information to:
- send to you goods purchased via the website, and supply to you services purchased via the website; your details will be passed to our nominated courier company for delivery purposes only
- send statements and invoices to you, and collect payments from you;
- send you general (non-marketing) commercial communications;
- send you email notifications which you have specifically requested;
- send to you our newsletter or other marketing communications relating to our business which we think may be of interest to you by post or, where you have specifically agreed to this, by email or similar electronic means (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications);
- deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website;
- keep the website secure and prevent fraud;
Where you submit personal information for publication on our website, we will publish and otherwise use that information in accordance with the licence you grant to us. An example would be Customer Testimonials.
We will not sell your information to third parties and we will not share your information with third parties for marketing purposes.
In addition, we may disclose your personal information:
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings;
- in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk);
- to the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset that we are (or are contemplating) selling; and
- to any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information.
(5) Security of your personal information
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure (firewall- protected) servers. All financial electronic transactions you make to or receive are handled by our payment services provider, SagePay.
Of course, data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
(6) Policy amendments
(7) Your rights
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you. Provision of such information will be subject to:
- the supply of appropriate evidence of your identity (for this purpose, we will usually accept a photocopy of your passport certified by a solicitor or bank plus an original copy of a utility bill showing your current address).
We may withhold such personal information to the extent permitted by law.
You may instruct us not to process your personal information for marketing purposes, by sending an email to us. In practice, you will usually either expressly agree in advance to our use of your personal information for marketing purposes and we will provide you with an opportunity to opt-out of the use of your personal information for marketing purposes.
(8) Third party websites
The website contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third party websites.
(9) Updating information
Please let us know if the personal information which we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.
(11) Data protection registration number
We are registered under the Data Protection Act 1998. Our data protection registration number is Z2629493.
The team @ Wipe Easy Tablecloths